When redoing your bedroom, you need to take a holistic approach to ensure that the space is not just aesthetically appealing but also conducive to sleep. As it is your sanctuary to rest, make sure all the decor elements are well planned. Here are a few decorating ideas and tips to help you plan your bedroom like an interior designer and get the most out of it:
- Look for inspiration: Before you start renovating the room, start by looking for creative inspiration. Doing this will help you find your personal style. Interior design magazines and social media are a great way to understand what kind of aesthetic appeal you wish to create.
- Go subtle with colours: Beautiful bedrooms are meant to be relaxing and soothing. You can achieve a calm and refreshed look with neutral colour schemes. While darker colours such as orange and navy blue may lend a dramatic and glamorous touch, they are more suited for the social areas such as living rooms and the kitchens. Neutral colours such as whites, lavender and light blue can give your bedroom a feeling of calmness and serenity and make you feel at ease at bedtime.
- Install noise reduction windows: Your bedroom may look right out of an interior decor magazine, but if there are loud outdoor noises indoors, your plans of creating a bedroom that is calm and relaxing can be ruined. At the time of redoing your bedroom, it is a good idea to buy noise reduction windows that block outdoor noise so that you can sleep peacefully. Made with Duranium® , our noise reduction windows are tested to reduce outdoor noise levels by 35dB. To know the noise-cancelling windows cost, book a free consultation.
- Get the flow right: A relaxing and well-designed bedroom is easy to move around. Make sure you don’t put too many furniture pieces so that the room feels cramped. This is especially important in bedrooms where the space is limited. Also, avoid placing the bed underneath a window, as doing so will block your view of the outdoors. Keep your bedroom as uncluttered as possible. Think of storage solutions that ensure that the space looks uncluttered. Your bedroom is your sanctuary, a place where you relax and reconnect with yourself at the end of a long, busy day. Hence, its ambience should help you feel calm, fall asleep faster and sleep longer. Interestingly, it has been found that the clutter in the bedroom can negatively affect one’s sleep quality. To declutter – look around you and check for the presence of piles of paper, mostly bills, car keys, empty cups, makeup products that are past their use-by dates and sunglasses and other random objects. Ask yourself what can be removed and what can be kept out of sight.
- Layer your lighting. The right lighting can make or break the look of the room. Instead of having just an overhead light, think of implementing different layers of lighting in the bedroom. Besides overhead lights, use floor lamps, bedside lamps, table lamps and pendant light fixtures to ensure that the room is well-lit. You can use dimmers for your bedroom to adjust the brightness as per your convenience.Note: Light has dramatic effects on sleep. So, it is a good idea to keep the lights dimmed as you prepare for bedtime. Also, buy good blackout curtains if the light from the streets disrupts sleep.
If you are planning to redo your bedroom, don’t ignore windows as they are an important design element. High-quality aluminium windows with a large glass area can seamlessly connect your living space with your garden or the beautiful outdoors. Our premium aluminium windows are as long-lasting as they are visually appealing and elegant. Made with a strong and durable aluminium alloy – Duranium™, our windows do not rattle, vibrate or crack in the event of extreme weather conditions. Our WiWA© certified and tested windows can withstand even winds of cyclonic range. Before installing noise reductions for your bedroom, you might want to check this useful read on where people go wrong with bedroom windows.