Most people are strapped to smartphones 24X7 and their laptops for at least 8 hours to 9 hours. Overwhelmed by work and life, everyday life can be at times hectic. Amidst all the professional and personal commitments, everyone needs calming activities that can help them to relax. As a noise-cancelling windows manufacturer, we share with you some useful insights on calming activities:
- Read a book: Reading can be a go-to form of relaxation for many. Reading requires concentration that allows you to escape thinking about everyday struggles. When you need to relax, especially before bedtime, turn to calming books. It has been found that even 30 minutes of reading can help lower blood pressure and heart rate. The same study said reading can be as calming as yoga and humour. To avoid blue light at night, choose a print book rather than reading on a screen which can disrupt the sleep cycle.
- Listen to music: Listening to music can calm you, especially in stressful situations. Studies suggest that when music is blended with the sounds of nature – it can help people feel less anxious. When you listen to music, it provides a positive distraction.Note: It has been found that soothing music can help you unwind and relax after a hectic day while upbeat and faster music can make you feel more optimistic and positive about life. It’s a good idea to choose music as per the time of the day and your mood.
- Practise meditation: When you want to unwind after a stressful day, practising meditation can be quite beneficial. Meditation can induce a deep state of relaxation, promoting calmness. Many people combine meditation with music. This deepens the positive effects of both meditation and music. For beginners, practising meditation with music makes the idea of sitting in one place and focusing much easier.
- Practise yoga: Yoga is a great way to relax the mind and the body. The combination of physical poses, controlled breathing and meditation can be quite relaxing. Yoga can enhance your mood and overall sense of well-being. In addition to its calming and restorative benefits, yoga promotes strength, endurance and flexibility.
- Writing: It has been found that writing about positive experiences is linked to reduced mental distress and increased well-being. Writing allows you to pen down all your ideas, concerns, and emotions. Writing not only helps you vent your emotions in a productive and creative way but it also puts you in a meditative state.
When you are performing these calming activities, the last thing you want is disturbing noises. However, when you are living in an urban setting, the loudness of traffic noise or loud music played in the nearby pubs is often unavoidable. It not only affects the quality of life but also adversely affects one’s health. A good way to reduce external noises in your house is to install noise-cancelling windows. Our Eternia range of noise-cancelling windows aluminium is made of Duranium® frames that support high-performance glass. Our windows are tested to reduce outdoor noise of upto 35dB. To know the cost of noise-cancelling windows, book a free consultation.